I was having lunch with a dear friend of mine earlier this week when she said something that inspired me to write a blog. I don’t remember her exact words (cause i’m neither a wizard nor stenographer), but it was something along the lines of how awesome I am, and that I’m lucky to have such an exciting life. My reply was something along the lines of ‘Yeah right, my life’s pretty standard.’
But then I started thinking about all the stuff I am doing, one by one, and then I was like ‘Hey. I am pretty impressive.” And so over the last couple of days I’ve half constructed a list of impressive stuff I’ve done this week, and yeah, I feel good. And to be honest the only thing that I would change about my life right now is that I’d add having this guy apply for permanent residency in my bed…or this guy or even him. So if you’ve been having a crap day//week//year, just make a list on a scrap piece of paper (or on the internet) and even include all the stupid little things like finding 5c pieces that you don’t think even count. Cause it counts. It all counts. pennies in the bank 🙂
This week I
- Got neglected by the Easter Bunny and didn’t make a scene.
- After years of being tickle-tortured I discovered one of my work buddies is as ticklish as me. Bwah ha ha.
- Finally scored a night off training. I celebrated by running til I couldn’t breathe.
- Express posted my inspirational friend her inspirational present. And prayed every day since that she gets it before she leaves for worlds.
- Set up a monthly World Vision donation.
- Resisted the urge to spend ten grand on a piece of toast.
- Returned to crack of dawn swimming training && survived.
- Had breakfast with my dearest friend and had an incredibly loud conversation about our sex lives.
- Stayed up til almost midnight catching up with another friend….talking about our sex lives.
- Noticed a common trend in my conversations.
- Watched all of Geordie Shore (<3 Charlotte…Although her && the parsnip hit a familiar nerve)…then returned to reality.
- Joined the AGT team && got to perform for TV.
- Gave myself a DIY spray tan and didn’t turn the bathroom orange, or make a total mess of myself.
- Applied for a big girl job.
- Did my first breakfast show without any notes or deleting any talk breaks.
- Bought a rad bikini for my annual 21st.
- Made a mental wish list of BM stuff I want
- Scored myself a lot of chicken for $20
- Came to the realization that Kmart is my favourite shop. (They have soooo much cheap house stuff)
- Bought Easter eggs for $1.65…from Kmart.
- Thanked god a million times for how sweet life is right now, and that my hard work is paying off in so many ways.
- Made an effort to thank everyone who has helped me out this week.
- Finally returned to tumbling (oh how a week can seem like an eternity)
- Ate my weight in fish oil tablets so that my body can have super healing powers.
- Waited patiently for my wolf hat….